Friday 10 January 2014

# 9 of 30

"Needs TLC"
8" x 10" - Oil on Canvas
$ 130 Unframed

I often walk down on Dallas Road and this is a house that is down by Clover Point.  The house is quite old and large, all white; white trim, white stucco and white sheets hanging in the window. The yard is overgrown and the paint is peeling from the window frames.  This image was taken a few years ago and today when I drove past it is appears to be in need of a lot of tender loving care. 

A little voice whispered to me, "Go ahead Sharlene, this will be a piece of cake.  Look at all of those big shapes".   It was SO NOT a piece of cake!  Took me way longer than I had anticipated!  
It's a study in white with a lot of subtle shifts.   I also couldn't get the photo to show up right.  There is a lot more intensity and more blue in the shadow areas than this photograph is showing.  I will try photographing it again tomorrow in better light and see if it comes through better.




1 comment:

  1. A piece of cake? I do love you! Large shapes? Well yes, but lots small ones too ... how about those dozen window panes?
    It's a beautiful piece. Kudos to you for biting it off and doing such a grand job of it!

    ReplyDelete