Friday 27 September 2013

#27 of 30

"Keeper of the Garlic" - 8" x 6" - Oil on Canvas
SOLD

This is the second painting of the day.  I figured after all of the colour lately that I would try something a little more subdued.  Now that I am looking at it, I may have to go back in and add a few more darks to the garlic in the foreground and perhaps deepen the shadows on the cloth a little bit.  But, on the other hand, I may just leave it be.

Note to Self:  Do not put your tea cup next to your turps pot.  Bad things can happen, like rinsing your oil filled brush in your cup of tea!

I'm all caught up again.  Only THREE to go!

Second Note to Self:  If you decide to join in a challenge like this again, get your self organized ahead of time and have subject matter picked out etc. so that you can spend your time painting and not trying to decide WHAT to paint.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great painting, I'd "Let it Be".
    Love the notes to self! I've been guilty on both counts!

    ReplyDelete