Sunday 1 September 2013

#1 of 30

 "Mustard Pot & Money Plant" - 8 x 10 - Oil on Canvas  
SOLD


Today is the first day of September and the first of my thirty paintings.  I wasn't sure how I was going to manage a painting today as we have company, but the universe conspired to help me out.  My company needed to take a trip to Nanaimo and my wonderful husband accompanied them.  That left me at home, free to paint!!!

I've wanted to paint this mustard pot for a long time.  I really love the simplicity of it, but felt that perhaps it need more to go with it.  OMG!!! Once I started painting it I wondered what I had gotten myself into.  Why, oh why didn't I just paint the two peaches that are in my fridge.  Oh well, I persevered and this is the result.  I'm not thrilled with it but it can only get better from here! (The photo is a little bit slanted.  The painting is not.:)

Lesson #1  - Don't bite off more than you can chew in a couple of hours! Haha!

3 comments:

  1. You are off to a good start. this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. It's definitely going to be a challenge to get a painting completed everyday.

      Delete
  2. Such ambition to bite off the mustard pot! "What were you thinking? ... INDEED! But you pulled it off. I love the money plant leaves!

    ReplyDelete