Thursday 5 September 2013

#4 of 30

 "Plum Crazy" - 6" x 8" - Oil on Canvas -

Well, I'm behind by one day, but I will make it up tomorrow.
I had to work for a few hours this morning, then had more errands than anticipated this afternoon, so didn't get a start on this until 4:30, then I had to whip out and do another errand at 5:30.  But, it's DONE!
I really enjoyed painting this one.  It was a challenge to get the incredible variety of colours in the plums.  Looking at it now that it is complete, I think I could have used some artistic license and added some more of the bluish "bloom" highlights .  To me they just scream "plum".  The background was really loose to paint.
Looking forward to painting two tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Love all the color on those plums Shar, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcela. I kind of like this one too. Unusual for me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a winner! Again, brilliant use of complimentary colours and yes, you could have employed more blueish bloom, but it's mighty fine just as it is!

    ReplyDelete