Wednesday 18 September 2013

#18 of 30

"Juicy" - 6" x 6" - Oil on Canvas 
SOLD

Day 18 -  I think I'm learning!! I had about 1 1/2 hours to complete this painting before I had to start chauffeuring the boys around.  I started in with a rough sketch then immediately jumped in and slathered on the red of the pomegranate.  So fun!  Next came mixing up some variations on white for the fleshy part of the slices.  I'm usually such an anal painter and there was a time when I would have painted all the little bits of the seeds, etc.  It was so fun today to just interpret them and put them down!  Also, I opted to go for a lighter background and foreground in this one and let the pomegranate be the star!!  Pretty pleased with the palette in this one and with how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!
    This painting shows tremendous progress with regards to looseness and soft edges.
    The composition is stellar and the choice of colours perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! I truly appreciate your input. Having lots of fun with the loose stuff. Very liberating!

      Delete