Monday 30 September 2013

#30 of 30

"Cannas, Morning Glow" - 30" x 40" - Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD

So this is not one of the small ones that I have been working on of late, but the majority of the work was done on it in September and it was finished in September, so I felt that it qualified for one of my 30 (since I could have done many more small ones if I hadn't been working on this!) 
This is the 6th in a series of tropical leaf paintings that I have been working on.  Most of the others were a smaller format (24"x 24"). I wanted this to submit for adjudication in the Sidney Fine Arts Show, one of the top shows on Vancouver Island.  I'm very happy to say that the painting was accepted for the show and I will deliver it on October 15.  The show runs October 17th to 20th at the Mary Winspear Centre in Sidney.

So, there it is. . . . my 30th and final painting of the challenge!  It was a great experience and I will definitely do something like this again.  I learned a lot from it (like it's not always easy to squeak out a few hours a day to paint) and I think that my style is really evolving and I'm becoming more comfortable with manipulating the paint and making it do what I want it to!

Thanks Leslie Saeta for challenging us!

No comments:

Post a Comment